Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Meet my 'new' sewing machine ...








Isn't it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?  The attention to detail is stunning. I'm in love. And it's still in working order. I am planning on doing some work on the table, just sanding it and a coat of varnish or three. I want to table slightly darker so it'll match my other furniture as it's going to double up as my computer desk once I get it sorted.
 
The machine was my nanna's who sadly passed a few years back. I remember the sewing machine from my childhood, it was fascinating even then, almost as good as my nanna's fabric cupboard where we used to play much to my nanna's annoyance. I wish I'd taken more of an interest in sewing back then as I'm sure she could have taught me a great deal. I'm glad I've finally got the sewing machine home, it's a lovely thing to remember her by.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning piece of machinery! Who'd have thought that sewing machines could be so beautiful, not like the white, plastic ones you find today. Just wonderful! Hope you make lots of things with it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olen niin iloinen, että mumatsun vanha ompelukone löysi kodin Sinun luotasi

    ReplyDelete