Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Feathers, shiny things and glue

So instead of going out like the cool kids do I spent Friday night attempting to beat January Blues with feathers, shiny, pretty things and some glue ... and here is the result.




I just realised it looks suspiciously like a brooch rather than a fascinator, but I assure you its a fascinator.  Having said that, isn't it the trend at the moment that you can wear hair things as brooches? Maybe I should add a safety pin to this ...

"The making of" -part was fun even if the result wasn't quite what I'd hoped. I've decided marabou feather are too fluffy for a fascinator, need to use something else, just not sure what.  I'm treating this one as a trial, in the hope that the next one will turn out better.

Over&out. 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Essi! I think you should post a pic of you wearing it :) Hope all is well with you. Have you met any moomins yet? Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fiona, I'll attempt to get some pics of me wearing it soon or pics of someone else wearing it.

    And no, I haven't met any moomins yet, but I went to the Moomin museum in Tampere, twas tres cool. How's tricks? Essi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I love this one! The colour is perfect, and one can't go wrong with feathers. <3 I think it's perfectly alright to wear fascinators as brooches, and vice versa. luckily many of the store-bought ones I have are equipped with a safety pin and a hair clip :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A moomin museum? Wow! Is there anything left in the gift shop? :)

    Things all good here ta. Missing you and your style in the office!

    Take care and make wonderful things!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taas yritän. Piti siis laittamani jo aiemmin Julian kommentti, kun hän näki nuo kuvat. Tuli niin spontaanista häneltä "Ihanaa" :)

    ReplyDelete