Thursday, 8 September 2011

Making Vintage Bags ...

I finally managed to get hold of a copy of Emma Brennan's wonderful book Making Vintage Bags: 20 original sewing patterns for vintage bags and purses from the library. As the title suggests the book has 20 vintage inspired bag patterns, some of which I'm dying to try out. The patterns and instructions look easy enough to follow (and modify if need be!) and there are some delish pictures of the finished bags with fabric suggestions and tutorials for making adorable rosettes. I will admit I've only ever made messenger bags before, so I don't know if similar patterns are available in all bag making books, but I'm thinking of getting  my own copy of this as I heart the patterns.

I'm buzzing with ideas for fabrics and decorations for few of the bags already, and the good news is I have some suitable fabric and a huge roll of iron-on interefacing (I bough it a while back and I knew that would come in handy one day!)  lying around. Now I just need to order some magnetic clasps and maybe some decorative trim and I'm good to go. I tried getting magnetic clasps from a few of the local craft stores, but they didn't have any in stock, hupmfh.

I'm off to cut some fabric and plan more pretty bags. Over&out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment