Thursday, 16 February 2012

Knitting on planes?

So I'm back from my travels, but I'm currently lacking t'internet connection at home so updating is a bit of a tricky. Hopefully this t'internetless existence will soon be over so I can post some photos on my sock progress which hasn't been quite as brilliant as I would hope, but I have to finished the first one and started the second one. At this rate they might be ready for the summer, I'm sure woollen socks are as good then as they would be now.

I had vision of me knitting the whole flight to New Delhi, I even got the bamboo needles so that I could bring them on the plane, but alas this was not to be as I happily snored my way through the seven hour flight and I did the same on the way back. I always sleep on planes so I don't know why I thought I wouldn't on this flight, but there you go.

Anyhow the first sock is doing fine. It fits really well and I think I might be able to use it(them) with my boots as the yarn isn't so thick. The inside isn't quite so nice and neat (no photo evidence will be released) as I would have hoped, but then the socks are for me so its not the end of the world. And they look pretty and fruit loopy even though you can see the needle change quite clearly in the pattern having said that the change is not so visible when the sock is worn.

The second one is coming along nicely, I just need to remember what adjustments I made to the pattern. I'm sure the original instructions would have been fine as well but I didn't have them with me whilst I was doing the heel so I made it up as I went. I did wrote some of it down so  ...

I also went for a quick weekend in England to see my best gals and try to get some of my remaining stuff home. The latter didn't go quite so well but I did see my gals so all was well. Mog had gotten me this wonderful books called Pretty in Punk - 25 punk, rock and goth knitting projects. It has the pattern for the woollen hat Martin Gore wore on the Touring the Angel -tour, squee!!! Needless to say I'm dying to try out some of the patterns and I have promised Mog to make her the Martin Gore hat, maybe that could be a really late pay it forward thing, eh?

                             Martin Gore in his mohawk hat (pic stolen from t'internet)


Over and out for now. Mwah.



No comments:

Post a Comment