Monday, 2 April 2012

Alexander Henry Fabrics

                           Look what the postman brought me today!


I ordered these lovely Alexander Henry print cottons online from Cia’s Palette (www.ciaspalette.com) just over a week ago and they arrived already. Needless to say I'm rather excited. I'm usually a bit dubious about ordering fabric online as I have little clue on fabric weights and all the other useful stuff you should know when ordering fabric online and on the few occasions when I have ordered material, it's not been quite what I've thought it would be. But as I’m yet to find a stockist for Alexander Henry fabrics in Finland I had to brave it online. It might have helped that I have stroked AH fabrics in stores on before so I had a pretty good idea of what I would be getting.

I picked Cia's Palette as had the mini Calaveras fabric with the black ground in stock and reasonably priced postage to the land of Fin so it seemed like a no-brainer. It took them a few days to process the order, but the delivery was super-quick (considering it came from the US) and isn't the packaging tres cute? I would (and probably will) use them again as they have lovely print cottons in their range.

                            The Ghastly bats in charcoal grey 



                           The Mini Calaveras



Aren’t the fabrics adorable? I’ve been admiring the AH print cottons for a good few years now but I’ve never ordered  more than FQ  as they’ve always seemed too expensive and I’ve not been entirely sure what make from them so I thought it would be best not to have the fabrics gathering dust somewhere, but with my newly found love for sewing, I thought I would treat myself to some. In case you didn't guess, I'm dying to turn the bat fabric into a dress with pockets.

Anyhow I'm off to look for dress patterns though I keep toying with the idea of another Jackie O. Laters my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment