Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Meet my new Singer 160

I've finally managed to sneak out of a work a bit early to go to the local sewing machine dealer. I've been admiring their shop window a few times already as the place is so twee. They have an amazing collection of old sewing machines on display, and they have pretty good selection of serviced machines available too. But I've always had a soft spot for Singers and its their 160 year anniversary this year so throwing all caution to the wind I might have ended up coming out with a brand new and shiny Singer 160. Ooops and squee. 

Here she is


Doesn't she look like she belongs there? I haven't had time to test out all the nifty features (there are loads!), but so far I'm in love automatic thread thingymibob, led lights and the feed works like a dream. I tried out a few of the fancier stitches, but of course I did it on the scrap of the gingham material so you can't really see them, facepalm.

Stitch testing on gingham


But I'm sure I'll test them out properly in the near future and I might even do a write up about it. So far I'm happy so fingers crossed. I can't wait to go back to the gingham dress and the few other projects I've been planning. Happy sewing everyone!

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is, isn't she? And she works like a dream :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, she's gorgeous! I know absolutely nothing about sewing machines, but she's so so pretty! <3 And you've been so productive lately, both with sewing and blogging! I've read about your projects, but I've been bad with commenting. Anyhow, keep it up! And I'll be seeing you this weekend! :) (I don't remember if I've mentioned, but I'm working in Lahti until the end of August so we'll have plenty of time to hang out.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Another reader. I've suffered a slight slump in productivity this month, but I blame the sun coming out. I've been stalking your pretty photo blog too and not commented, tut, tut me. Anyhow see you soon.

      Delete