Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Dotty bow and a New Look 6808!

So I didn't quite finish the New Look 6808 view C the weekend I intended but the good news is I finally finished it yesterday. The collar was less confusing after I re-read the instructions when I was a tad less tired and I didn't even get into a fight with my arch nemesis the zipper, yay, it even looks neat and invisible, not that invisible things are supposed to look like anything but you know what I mean.

It was also the first time in ages that I've set sleeves into anything. I must admit I was feeling somewhat nervous about it (hence the endless amount of sleeveless dresses dear readers) but even the sleeves turned out smoothly and I didn't have take out the ripper. I'll be trying out more patterns with sleeves in the future!

Pinning the sleeve 


I originally planned to make this with a contrasting collar, but this being 'the wearable mock-up' I didn't bother. Luckily I had some leftover black and white dotty cotton (that some might recognise from previous projects!) so I decided to make the bow contrasting to give it a little something. 

The less confusing collar

The fit is pretty good but the top is a bit long for me, it seems that I have a shorter upper body as I've encountered the same problem with some other patterns before. Maybe I could shorten the pattern next time. I might just buy a shorter zip and swap it, now that I'm feeling a bit more confident with zippers.

The finished product

The top was easy enough to make and with slight adjustments to the lenght I'm sure it'll be fab. I think it has a certain vintagey feel to it and it looks cute with a skirt. I'm already planning on making this again with a contrasing collar and I might try one of the other views too! Over and out for now dear readers!


  1. looks very cute! I really must re-make this pattern soon. It's been too long. :)

    1. Thanks Sue. I really enjoyed making this one, you should dig it out too :)

  2. Oh that's very sweet! The contrast bow is a work of genius! xx