Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Facing lining ...

I seem to be getting my sewing and blogging hat back on, two posts within a week. Shockhorror. I found some time to (battle with) attach the beignet lining with the facing. The pinning went fairly smoothly even if the seams don't quite meet, but it's the lining so it's not a biggie, right?

Lining <3 Facing 


But this being me you can  probably guess that it didn't go quite as neatly as the previous picture suggests. I managed pucker up the lining and fold it over and sew on top of in several places which meant I got to spend even more quality time with my BFF (seam ripper for those not familiar with the blog).

Pucker up 


The hemming of the lining went surprisingly smoothly, no puckering or accidental folds or anything else strange which made a nice change. And I found the shell of the skirt, it was hiding with my sheets. "Who on earth stores half-fiinished sewing projects with sheets?" I hear you ask in chorus. The answer seems to be me even though I don't have a clue  why I thought it was a good idea at the time. Next time I've lost something I'll go straight there ...Though I must confess I have found my keys in the fridge a few times before so I guess it's just a habit.

I think said rather optimistically in the last post "I then have only attaching the lining and the shell to do and tadaa ...".  I lied. I had forgotten about the belt loops and I suspect I should also attach the buttons and maybe some do a few finishing touches so I doubt I'll finish the skirt during the week, but I'm hopeful about the weekend.

Over&out for now. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice! so glad you found the missing shell, and can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just chose you to receive the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. :) http://theprettypickle.blogspot.com/2012/12/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara,

      thanks for the nomination. I'll try to get around answering and the sharing the award sooner rather than later. Your blog looks lovely, I'm defo adding it to my reading list.

      Essi

      Delete