Thursday, 27 June 2013

Miette skirt with pockets!

Having made the Cambie dress mock-up I kinda ran out of steam with that project or rather wanted to contemplate the changes I have to make rather than just rushing in. So I wanted to take my mind of the dress and make something else in the mean time. I started with another New Look 6808 top which I mentioned in the previous post but that still needs a zipper as the place where I usually get my zippers from were all out of the invisible zips in the right length so that is still a work in progress. But not to worry I started on yet another project to keep me distracted (I'm noticing a pattern for possible UFOs here).

I've been an avid reader of the Tilly and the Buttons -blog for a while now. She makes the cutest skirts and dresses, doesn't she?  And the talented Tilly has made some amazing patterns for cute a skirt and some blouses which are available from her website. I order the Miette skirt beginning of May and I've been wanting to try it out ever since and now seemed like a good time.

I'm still attempting to do some stash busting before running off to buy more fabrics, so I found some leftover black cotton from my stash.  I obviously didn't read the fabric requirements for the Beignet skirt correctly before Christmas as there was loads left over, but that's ok as it's now been used. I ran out of fabric with the pockets so I used some red and white stripey cotton for the lining, but I like the little peek of colour that you can see at the top edge of the pockets, I think it adds a nice detail. So here is my finished version of the Miette skirt as modeled by Donna.

Donna loves Miette 

Pocket detail

The skirt was lovely and quick to put to together, the instructions were clear and Tilly has posted a sew along on her blog in case you get stuck. I love the shape of the skirt and it has pockets! I'm sure I will make another one  in the near future if I get over my fear of colour  as I'm not sure how many of the same black skirt a girl needs... But for now I'm back to working with the Cambie dress and the bat fabric. Results will hopefully appear here soon.

Over&out for now.