Thursday, 11 July 2013

Pink Cambie mock-up

As I've mentioned in several previous posts I've been working on the sewaholic Cambie dress recently. I was really excited to finally get the pattern as I've seen lovely versions all over the blogosphere in the last year or so, it seems to be the pattern to make and I'm all for jumping the band-wagon!

So I started with studying the measurements on the pattern package and finding out I was somewhere between three different sizes, yikes! So mock-up was the next logical step. I drew the pattern loosely connecting the three different sizes where I could, but it still seemed a bit messy. I finished the mock-up fairly quickly and here is the result.

 Pink mock-up pre-changes



It didn't look very flattering on Donna nor me. I felt a bit disheartened by the fit, but figured I might be able to be sort it out if all went well. My first point of attention was the waist which seemed to be too low. I've ran into this problem before, I seem to have a short torso as most patterns are too long for me so I should probably shortened them an inch for the mock-up to begin with. Anyhow taking the waist up an inch seemed to do the trick on the mock-up for the torso problem. I also took the side seams of the skirt part in a bit more so it wouldn't look too, too wide.

Pink mock-up post-changes




The mock-up looked better on me than it did on Donna, but alas I have no pics of that. Anyhow after these tweaks it seemed like a good idea to start with the bat fabric, but more of that later once I get the dress finished and pics taken. Over and out for now dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment