Thursday, 15 August 2013

Dots, cherries and more dots!

I've mentioned doing stash busting in a few earlier posts and in the last four projects I've been good and used up what is lying my dotty fabric boxes. But it was only a matter of time when I would 'accidentally' end up  buying/ordering new fabrics and that happened beginning of the month. Ooops.

New dotty fabrics 
  

 
Who could say no to dots and cherries? I'm trying to introduce a bit of colour to wardrobe (we'll see how that one goes) and it seems that blues and turquoises don't scare me as much as say yellows or neon. I think none of you will be surprised if I say I'm planning on turning these into summer dresses, but then the summer is over or at least it feels like it here in Finlantd. But then I could always wear summer dresses with cardigans and thick tights in the autumn. I just need to decide what patterns to use, suggestions welcome though I may have accidentally ordered the pattern for Colette Peony dress so I might give that a go so watch this space.

Over&our for now dear readers.


4 comments:

  1. I have to REALLY start using my stash fabric instead of always buying new stuff LOL So I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's way too easy to buy new fabric, isn't it? And how come there never seems to be suitable fabric in your stash?

      Delete
  2. cute fabrics. love the one with the cherries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The cherry fabric is from eBay, I can look up the seller if you want.

      Delete