As you can tell I've started my struggle with the Colette Peony dress pattern. Luckily I did do a bit of research before embarking on this adventure and nearly everyone said do a mock-or three (I've done two so far). In the process I did find some fab sewing blogs and saw some brilliant finishes so I'm still hopeful that I will end up with a dress that I can wear, but we'll see.
The first mock-up
So the first mock-up revealed that the neckline was far too high, it was choking me so that had to be lowered (its already lowered in the pics).Also the bodice is too wide, the shoulders are way off as the picture tells. Good job I've been reading Gertie's book for better sewing for adjusting patterns. The bust darts didn't cause me as much trouble as they have for some people, but I did move the bottom front darts a centimetre towards the sides as they were too close together.
The second mock-up
The second mock-up looks better, but I suspect the neckline needs more attention. It's doesn't look quite so crinkled when I'm not lifting my arms, but still ... I aslo think I will have to move the back darts back towards the centre as they are a bit pointy at the moment. I added the skirt to the bodice and it looks as if the waist needs to go half an inch higher and sway back adjustment is in the cards as well. And I'm still undecided on the sleeves. I always, always wear cardigans so leaving it sleeveless might be a sensible option (and easier!)
Re-hashed pattern pieces