Sunday, 5 January 2014

New Year, new sewing projects!

And a good time to write lists of all the wonderful things to make this year. So joined the list-making people and I dotted down a few ideas I've had floating around to keep me motivated. I'm also hoping to spend more time sewing and crafting this year and typing up more blog posts. I'm sure I've said that before, but hopefully our martta-kerho will  keep me on track.

And here's my list for this year:


Yep, I wrote it in the "long" list section, but I'm feeling optimistic ,D I was originally inspired to come up with a list of what I wanted to make when I came across a sewing challenge in Anna's blog Ompele oma onnesi a few months back, but making lists seemed more suited for the new year than for November. The challenge is called 52 weeks of sewing where you pick 52 items/techniques/materials and make them in the next 52 weeks. I think Burda Style and Sew Weekly have hosted these types of challenges. But I'm somewhat slow with my projects as you know so I'm not even going to pretend I will get 52 projects done in 52 weeks. And really who has time for that unless they're doing sewing full-time? And when I started thinking about the whole thing I couldn't quite come up with 52 items I would want or need. I'm not keen about making things just for the sake making them (ha, I hear you say...) so here's a shorter version of the challenge.

So have you written sewing lists for this year? And how many items are on your lists? And Happy New Year to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Essi! Thanks for youre comment on my post about sewing spring/summer wardrobe! It seems that a lot of seamstresses is thinking in those patterns this month!
    This 52 projects in 52 weeks sounds like a great idea! If youre a robot... sadly I am not, though it feels like it some times. In between fulltime office job, two kids, a husband and a house (yes, both thos two last things takes time...) there are very few hours left for sewing. I wish I had a lot more, but I dont.
    I will be adding you to my blog list, and hope to see more from you:)
    Cincearly, Tone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tone,

      thanks for your kind comments. Yes, it's definately the season to look at new patterns and plan a summer wardrobe. I'm trying to keep to my list, but we'll see... I'll be happy if I get half of that done.

      I have to agree with you that the 52 projects seems like something for a robot or a full-time seamstress. Luckily us hobbyist don't have to make quite so many things ,D

      Essi

      Delete