We chose the New Look 6000 because it's a lovely, easy to wear dress and it's suitable for beginners, especially if you make it from a double-knit you don't need to worry about zippers. I went for a black jersey (no surprise there) and Jenni chose a lovely purple jersey.
I used my existing pattern, but I did a small sway back alteration and also took the front in a bit so the neckline wouldn't gape. I used Gertie's new book for better sewing to help me with the pattern alterations and I have to say I'm pleased with how they worked out. Jenni didn't have to make any alterations to the patterns, how lucky is that?
The dresses came together rather quickly even if I did unpick a sleeve (twice). Did I say something about sleeves being easy in an earlier post? I take it all back, having said that out loud must have jinxed myself, dur.
Anyhow here are a pictures of the finished result modeled by me for a change. Donna is nice, but she doesn't always do justice to my projects (which reminds me I should take pictures of the dotty Peony being worn as it looks a lot better on me than it does on her!)
My casual LBD
You can't really see the details in the pics thanks to the lack of light. I wish the days would already get longer so I'd get better pics. I also need Timo to take more pics for me as selfies really aren't good for as sewing blog. But I'm happy with the dress, it's easy to wear and the material is nice. I might make a separate collar and cuffs for it so I could jazz it up a bit or make another one with pleather cuffs and a collar. I'll also see if I can get Jenni to type up a guest post of her journey with the dress.
Over&out for now dear readers.