I have to confess Bernette was in the cupboard for a fair few years until I plucked enough courage to take her out. I figured it would be sensible to have it serviced before starting my new sewing chapter. Good news is that everything was fine, they added new blades and new needles and that was it. Apparently Bernette has a very nice stitch as well, needless to say I was very excited.
Luckily when I was feeling up for the challenge again I came across this fab blog post series called Relationship Rescue: you and your serger by Palak from Make it Handmade that explained how important it is to thread the machine in the right order. I tried it and it worked though the stitching didn't look very nice, it looked the like the tension was way off. After some fiddling around and some more reading I figured that the needle threads weren't going through the tension thingymibobs properly. After adjusting those the stitching is nice and smooth again. I've only done small test pieces, but I can't wait to get started properly with Bernette.
Sur-rur-rur for now dear readers!