Sunday, 25 January 2015

New year and all that jazz...

So January's drawing to an end, how did that happen? I did have a new years, new sewing plans -post that I was supposed to post just after new years, but somehow life got in the way (or sleeping, but I suspect life sounds better).

Not much of a re-cap to be done about last year, I didn't really get around doing too much sewing last year, but I think it was still more than the year before so win some, lose some. Surprisingly enough I didn't finish my long list of sewing for 2014, but I knew it was optimistic when I wrote. Really it was more of a list to keep me in check about the patterns I have and ideas I'd been toying around with rather than something I'd thick item off...And the obvious problem with lists made in the new year is that you can't possibly take into account all the lovely new patterns that will come out that year, that you just have to have. But that doesn't stop me from trying!

So here's my very long list of sewing for 2015



It looks like I'm even more optimistic than last year, but you have to have plans, don't you? And I am planning on setting more time aside to do some sewing, knitting and other crafts. Our Martta-club was a bit lazy over the autumn, but hopefully we'll get back on track as social sewing is so much fun.

I'm pretty sure I promised myself I wouldn't buy too many new patterns/books until I'd made some items from my existing patterns and books. And yes, I did make a few before buying new ones, but I did also buy quite a few that I still haven't made, oooops. After digging around my pattern stash I count that I bought eight new patterns, two new sewing books (Tilly's Love at First Stitch and Gertie Sews Vintage Casual) and a two pattern magazines (Suuri Käsityö 1/2015 and Burda Style 6/2014) last year, which isn't as bad as I thought.

Last year's haul



Good news is I have already made some of the patterns in the picture and I think the rest feature on my sewing list for this year so not many misses pattern buying-wise. I am going to attempt to make some existing patterns and using up fabric I have before buying new ones again this year. Though I am going to London for a flying visit end of the month and I'm planning on visiting Sew Over It's -sewing cafe so the not buying fabric or patterns might go out of the window -.-

My fave and possibly the most worn item from 2014 is rain drop Delphine skirt despite me only finishing it end of November. The black Coco-top is a close 2nd. I'm pleased that I've made more "everyday" clothes last year as I get more wear out of them. Though I think I'd like to make a few fluffy, crazy fabric, completely out-there dresses this year so that my sewing wouldn't be too sensible, life's too short not to make some crazy clothes, isn't it? And I have some raccoon fabric ready and waiting!

Over&out for now dear readers and hope you've had a good start to 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment