Thursday, 26 March 2015

World's slowest knitter and dotty socks

I finished the dotty socks I started way back in November, it's about time. But not only am I slow knitter it also took me a good few weeks (read a month) to take pics of the finished socks. Tut, tut me. I've heard that people finish socks in a weekend, I'm defo not there yet, but at least I did finish them, so hurrah!

Finished dotty socks



The socks were fairly easy to knit even if I still need a bit practice with fair isle...The pattern was simple enough to follow and I used my trusty heel instructions from knitty.com which is brill. Occasionally I think I should learn to turn the heel in a different way, but that works so well so why bother.

I noticed while pressing the socks that the second one is a bit bigger than the first one, maybe I shouldn't have left a month between doing them. Luckily you can't notice it when wearing the socks, I'm fairly sure the other sock will stretch anyway though maybe when knitting my next pair of socks I'll remember not to have a months gap in between.

I'm pleased with the result, cause who doesn't need dotty woollen socks? Also woollen socks are warm in the winter and cool in the summer (or just the right temperature for my freezing feet) so I quite happily wear them all year around.

I'm now going to go and work with other types of knits. Dots out.

3 comments: